We shared this picture to our social medial on May 11 2017 as our team spent a really fun evening with our Physicians and Nurse Practitioners. We feel it is important to step away from the daily challenges of working and acknowledge the efforts of all team members. Caring for others, while highly rewarding, can also lead to fatigue and burn out.
It is important to remember that each of your care team members is also an individual. While there is no “I” in TEAM, the well being of each individual member is critical to the success of the entire team.
Here at Lincolnshire we feel it is important to encourage our staff members and associates to relax, refresh and renew. This holds true for family members and caregivers in the home as well.
Relaxing, refreshing and renewing doesn’t necessarily require an actual vacation. Some ideas that other care givers have found successful are:
- Scheduling a weekly massage (and keeping your appointments!)
- A meal out with friends, banning all shop talk
- Bringing sound canceling headphones to work with you and listening to your favorite music on your coffee break
- Watching your favorite comedy show during lunch (You Tube is a great resource!)
- Splurge on your favorite dessert once a month
- Make a point of doing nothing for 15 minutes when you come home from a shift
- Pick up a bouquet of flowers when you run by the grocery store for dinner
- Plant something (inside or out!)
No matter what relaxing, refreshing and renewing means to you. The critical point is to do it.