Exceptional Occupational Therapy Merrillville IN:
At Lincolnshire, our Occupational Therapists work with our residents to maximize their ability to participate in activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing and self-care.
Components of our occupational therapy Merrillville IN Program include:
- Individualized assessment and evaluation of ability to perform activities of daily living
- Customized plan of care designed to achieve goals
- Evaluation of progress toward goals
Some of the techniques our occupational therapy staff utilize:
- Training on use of adaptive devices to promote independence
- Recommend modifications to the environment
- Exercises and activities to promote upper body strength and improve motor control
- Teaching energy conservation techniques
- Home discharge evaluation and planning
- Fall prevention training and safety awareness
Using an individualized initial evaluation, with personalized intervention strategies and techniques, and then periodic evaluations to monitor how goals are being met, occupational therapy enables a person to get back to doing the things that are important to them. Occupational Therapists are skilled at finding different ways of doing things, and they will also recommend supports when necessary for a patient’s independence.
Occupational therapy is one of the ways individuals who have experienced a traumatic illness or injury are able to gain new independence, and regain quality of life.